Cupcakes are a treat for any occasion from kids birthday parties to high tea’s. This vanilla cupcake recipe makes lovely moist cupcakes that will be sure to impress your guests.
1 3/4 cups flour (sifted)
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
90g unsalted butter, cold, cut into cubes
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lemon
For the Icing:
125g unsalted butter, softened, cut into cubes
500g cream cheese, softened, cut into cubes
2 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons (10 mL) pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt
12 x cupcake wrappers
12 x enjoy cupcake toppers
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line 1 standard cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. Beat the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar with an electric mixer on low speed adding the butter one piece at a time. Beat until all butter is combined.
3. In a small bowl combine the milk, vanilla & lemon juice. In a separate bowl gently whisk the eggs. Increase the mixer speed to medium and gradually add the milk mixture, beat for 5 minutes. Reduce mixer to low and add the eggs. Beat for 2 minutes.
4. Carefully spoon the mixture into the cupcake liners and bake for 15 minutes until tops turn golden brown and toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
5. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.
6. Make icing by using an electric mixer to beat butter on medium speed for 5 minutes. Add icing sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and salt, decrease to low and beat for 1 minute, then add cream cheese and beat for another 1 minute. Spoon into piping bag.
Click here to watch a video tutorial on how to use cupcake wrappers
You can still have fun and celebrate your little one's birthday. Even if you have had to cancel or postpone the party.